Sponsor a Child with Compassion

Friday, August 14, 2015

A Day at the Mountains

Although I am soooo far behind on blogging, I am going to attempt the "challenge" and try and catch up. Summer is a busy, busy, time as we all know! ;)

On June 22nd we went up to Artist Point, up in the Cascade Mountains.  Our family has been going there once a year or so every year for as long as I can remember.  If you've never been and find yourself in the area, be sure to check it out!  It was Jude's first adventure to the mountains and also his first time going on a "big" hike. (It's really not a big hike for most of us!)

Skagit Valley with a farm as it rolls past us on the freeway
 At the top: over 5,000 ft. up:

Table Mountain
Even the sight of a patch of old, dirty snow is a thrill!

Sören and his favorite mountain---I might add :)
Extraordinary Esther Jo!
Happy hikers....for the most part. : /
Ahhh....breathing in the view

Mt. Baker and Me

Where do I look first!?! 

Family with Mt. Shuksan in background

"The mountains will bring peace to the people, and the little hills, by righteousness." -Psalm 72:3

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great day, Shooks! Great photos! What a great place we live in, huh? God is soooo good! Love you dear friends!!

    ReplyDelete