Sponsor a Child with Compassion

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Salmon Fishing 2013!

For my family, last August and part of September, all day & almost every day it was fishing fishing fishing. It was a great year for Pink Salmon here in Western Washington, and the ocean and rivers were overflowing with them!

This became our summer hobby, and Lillian, & Sören, and I all caught our very first salmon ever.  Dad (who had caught some in the past years), reeled in plenty of fish too.

Practically every time we went out to fish, the beaches were elbow to elbow with people fishing.  Sometimes we would meet our friends there and fish with them. The first few times we went out, the beaches were hot with activity. Before you knew it, Dad had one on his line and next to him, one of our friends would have one on, and so forth. 

I have a few photos to share of our time on the beach:


First fish of the year!! A Coho!

One Auguest day, Dad limited out and then I caught my first!!!!! It was a great day to fish!!!!!

Dad reeling one of his 4 in :)

Way to go Dad!!!
Reeling mine in....it was an adrenalin rush!!!!
I was so excited!
One night we didn't catch anything, but God blessed us with an amazing sunset:


After part of the season was over, Eeott & Papa came up to visit.  Papa brought his fishing poll so he could try fishing. The morning after they arrived, Dad, Papa, Lillian, Sören, and I all got up, and went to the beach. 

Sören caught his first salmon ever!! But then....
.....He caught another!!!!! Papa also caught one!!!!
We fished basically the entire time they were up. The next morning, we went out again and Sören caught a third!!!That evening, we went out again one last time.


Lillian caught her first!!!!
What an awesome time we had fishing last summer! Those were only a few photos of all our many, many times we went salmon fishing. I can't wait for next summer!!!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment