Sponsor a Child with Compassion

Monday, May 6, 2013

The Great Canoe Trip

 Today my mom went out with some friends, so Lillian, Sören, Esther and I got to spend some time with dad.  He took us on a canoe ride. After awhile we had a snack break and played on the beach. It was an absolutely PERFECT day for canoeing! Even in the shade, it was about 70 degrees!
                                                  
Shook kids stair steps


Lillian and Sören
Lillian, Sören, and me


Dad and Esther
Esther going, going....
Gone!
Dad steering
                                             At the "White Sand" beach...
Captian Lillian and first mate Sören of the ship, Viking 6!
Sören
Me
Dad made a huge sun dial!


                            The views we saw during our paddle:


The Olympic Mountains are so beautiful!
The Olympics and Deception Island
We call this rock, "Toad Rock". Can you see toad shape?

                                                       I thought this was a cool shot!


When we first started out on our paddle, we got to see a Canada Goose family! The chicks are so cute!


                                                Mama goose with 3 out of 4 baby chicks

                                          
                         We also saw a Bald Eagle just above "Toad Rock".









  


1 comment:

  1. What a glorious day filled with gifts from God. Esther is the first one in the family to fall asleep in the canoe. I cannot believe it! Great photos, Grace! I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete